Record everything you type on your phone. Yes, almost every single thing. Clip Ninja is an Android app that records and stores all the text that you type on the phone, and makes it available for you to use as and when you want. Forgot to copy some text before sending it, deleted a long message or text string by mistake and would like to get it back? Clip Ninja lets you do exactly that.Here’s a look at the key features of the app:
- Saves everything you type, in any native application, not just what you copy in the clipboard.
- Plays back your typing history with the swipe of a finger.
- Save your favorites with a touch.
- Copy and use the saved text.
- Edit your snippets or create new ones from scratch.
- Send your snippets by mail, twitter and share them with any application.
- Long click any text in the detail view to select, share or copy just a part of it [only Android 2.3+]
Clip Ninja keeps track of what you type in almost every app on the phone. It doesn’t store or track passwords though, so it’s a secure app if that is something that concerns you. An icon in the notification bar lets you bring up Clip Ninja whenever you want, and shows you a list of the text that you have typed on your phone. A tap on any text item copies it to the clipboard, and long pressing on an item lets you select and copy any part of that text and also delete it.
You can filter the text by application, so that it shows text typed only in the particular application you want to see. Other features include setting text items as favorites by clicking the star button next to them, so you can access your favorite text snippets quickly and conveniently. The text snippets can also be shared with others using any sharing application on the phone, such as e-mail, messaging, Facebook, bluetooth, etc.
Clip Ninja is a very convenient app and ensures you never have to type anything twice, or worry about losing a piece of text if you delete it by accident. It costs $1.49 on the Android Market and you can install it on your phone by clicking on the download button below. Leave your thoughts on the app in the comments.