You would think whats the use of rooting? Well, rooting will enable you to access the system folders which were locked, Install apps which require rooting, and Port the phone to the custom ROMs (e.g. Cynogenmod.) Samsung Galaxy Y is a low end Android phone from Samsung for the "Young" Generation. It comes with pre loaded Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread OS. It has an 823 MHz processor to surf the internet and run android OS smoothly. I has 3.0 inch TFT capacitive touch screen display but the screen clarity is a little disappointing. But none of the phones in the market supports a Capacitive touch screen for a cheap price like that of Galaxy Y. It has 3G and Wi-Fi along with Bluetooth 3.0. It is the best phone available under 7000 rupees and comes with a 2 MP camera. Rooting Galaxy Y is very easy and can be done within 2-3 steps.
Before trying this I want to tell you that I have not tried this..... So be careful else your phone would be nothing more useful than brick. The Android blog will not be responsible for any damages. Your warranty will be void.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
1. Download Update.zip from here.
2. No need to extract. Copy the zip file to the root of the SD Card and do not paste it to any folders in the SD Card.
3. Now switch off your phone
4. After the phone is switched off, enter into recovery mode. To do this, hold the power, volume up and the home button simultaneously.
5. Now can navigate through recovery mode only with the volume up and down buttons. Select Update.zip and the root will be applied on your Galaxy Y.
6. Reboot your phone and it's rooted!! You can check for an application named "Super User" to check whether your phone is rooted or not.
Post in your views as comments and Ill reply to them as soon as possible. Here is how you can unroot the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.